Through IHG Academy, IHG hotels and corporate offices collaborate with educational providers and community groups to help local people build their hospitality skills and improve their employability.
Within a global framework, each IHG Academy is tailored to best meet the needs of the local community they serve. Each IHG Academy has three things in common: they collaborate with local education providers and/or community groups; they provide a work experience placement; and they give feedback to each individual on placement.
Since its launch in 2006, IHG Academy has continued to grow and now spans over 60 countries around the world.
Hotel Sign In
For all IHG hotels, please sign in using your Merlin credentialsHotel Sign In
To Participate in IHG ® Academy, you need to do 3 things:
Work with a partner to identify individuals
- Work with an education provider or community group to identify individuals who want work experience in hospitality
- Register your details on ihgacademy.com
- Submit details for approval by the IHG® Academy team
- Once approved you will be an IHG® Academy
Provide Work Experience
- Now your IHG® Academy is approved, provide a quality work experience placement for participants
- Remember to consider the length of the placement, the departments participants will cover and how existing colleagues will support
- Tell us the name, start date and end date for your participants
- Once participants have completed their placements:
- Provide them with feedback on how they did
- Tell us about what participants are up to after their placement
- Share with us your success stories on the IHG® Academy website site so we can celebrate what you do
- Get ready for your next group of participants